Wednesday, September 21, 2011

[September 20th] The New 52, Week 2

Part for time two of my DC’s The New 52 recommendation list. Out of the thirteen titles from last week’s release I set my eyes on the following precious, chosen ones. I've read most of them and the ones I haven't mentioned are the ones I will need two or three more issues to decide on whether to recommend of not.

[Batwoman] Easily, the most visually stunning comic book I’ve ever read. This is art of the highest concept, which could make me ignore even the shittiest story. Thankfully, the story is promising, especially with the supernatural angle.

[Demon Knights] Interesting bunch of immortals grouped together against a dynamic backdrop in popular mythological era. Madame Xanadu is a pure joy to read and the flirt with Etrigan promises for a fertile development ahead.

[Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.] Father Time as a small Japanese school girl. A group of highly recognized monsters as black ops team. A mummy as a cleric. Need I say more?

[Resurrection Man] Not very clear with what ‘overdue’ means or what the heck is happening at the moment, but the concept is nice and the writing to solidify the superpower is strong. I will gladly explore where this will head.

[Superboy] Can I say this is perfect? No, but there is a high possibility to see Superboy in a hero against hero action, which I so adore. Plus the theme about people that are being made and therefore are broken or incomplete fascinate me.

0 comments: